This year marks the 30th anniversary of Swindon Supermarine FC. The club was founded in the summer of 1992 before the start of the 1992/93 season when Swindon Athletic moved from their Southbrook Recreation Ground to amalgamate with Supermarine here at what was then the Hunts Copse but off course its now known as the Webbswood Stadium. See our club history, CLICK HERE
Next season, the 2022/23 season sees Swindon Supermarine FC celebrate the club’s 30th anniversary. A working group of supporters, directors, and board members have been working on a plan to celebrate this significant occasion. These initiatives were shared with supporters in advance of the Tiverton Town match on Saturday and are also outlined below:
- June 2022 - An anniversary ground branding of the Webbswood Stadium with the intent being to put in place some further enhancements to the ground.
- July 2022 – Swindon Supermarine Old Boys v Swindon Town legends match.
- August 2022 – A new season will start with the club wearing a retro kit that aligns with the clubs original colours of blue and white hoops and blue shorts. The club will also offer a supporters vote on preferred second kit. A new badge and a range of 30th anniversary memorabilia will also be launched.
- September 2022 – An exhibition will be in-situ that reflects some of the key events of the club’s history. A Swindon Supermarine Anniversary beer will also be launched.
- November 2022 – A Special Evening Anniversary celebration event.
- From January 2023 – Invites to managers and players from the past to “bring back the memories”.
- July 2023 – A match against specially invited opposition to sign off the anniversary events.